Friday, September 12, 2014

Actress Nina Bergman Interview Exclusive (C) 2014 Dan's Movie Report- Danny Shamon

All photography with the exception of the young photo (C) 2014 Giovanna Salas. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Giovanna-Salas-Photography/236389356562121

Nina Bergman is a multi-demensional performer, recently she wrapped production on Art Camacho's The Chemist. Nina's character in The Chemist Trinidad is agressive and a departure from her personality. Nina is currently working on a new project, and she takes time from her busy schedule to conduct this exclusive interview with Dan's Movie Report.

Chat about your childhood, what was your introduction to music?

Having a Russian, Gypsy grandmother I was introduced to music, dance and entertainment at a very early age. I wanted to perform, act in movies and 
tour the world just like her! I always knew what I was going to do. It has all been about expression and self discovery for me ever since I was 4 years old. I just didn't know how to put it into words back then. Singing and acting is a way of expressing feelings that I can't express in "real" life. I think I 
would explode if I didn't have my art as an outlet. - I am my art! It has never been a choice for me. I feel like "it" chose me!

I figured you had an outgoing personality, were you a physically active kid, lots of exercising etc?

Super active! They would probably have put me on some kind of ADHD medication if I was growing up here in America. I started ballet at 4 years old 
and spent every waking moment perfecting my craft. I trained with my Dad too. I remember he taught me self-defense and one arm pushups. I loved 
anything physical and challenging as a kid. I liked structure and discipline, that has helped me keep my mind off things!




Did you perform in high school or at youth talent shows?

Yes. I performed everywhere that I could! I directed/choreographed an episode for my dad for a TV show when I was about 7 years old. It was 
hilarious! I was one of those kids that would drag my stereo out onto the streets and dance like there was no tomorrow! I was a street performer and 
I made great money back then! I had to perform and express myself. As I said before, I never had a choice!

Chat about your six album deal with Warner bros, how many more releases 

I signed a six album deal with Warner Bros. I wrote 60 new songs for the album and we selected the once we liked and re-recorded them for the 
album. Unfortunately we're in a time where "rock is dead" which is not true in my beliefs! It is very much alive, but the money is in dance, EDM and 
pop. I'm currently tweaking my songs finding a way to express them musically to fit today’s music scene without losing my dignity as an artist. It's 
taking some time, but I think the wait will be worth it!




Chat about the Wonder Woman Fan film, how did you hear about the project.

Jesse V. Johnson approached me about playing Wonder Woman. My initial respond was like.. “What? No way!! It's Wonder F*cking Woman!!”  Then I 
started to do research and learn about her back story and why she was created and I realized that she and I had a lot in common. I was hooked. I 
took 6 weeks to prepare physically and mentally to play Wonder Woman. Jesse and I spent a lot of time talking about how we wanted her to be 
perceived.  We were both on the same page. I’m extremely happy with the way she turned out and I'm eternally grateful for the opportunity that 
Jesse gave me! I learned a lot living in Princess Diana's boots. It made me a stronger and better person. At the end of the day that's what she's all 
about.  Right?

Did doing the WW film inspire you to want to get involved in more action films?

I had already done a movie with Peter Stormare and Eric Roberts where I kicked everyone's ass. That was when I first got hooked! I have to say that 
working with Jesse V. Johnson and his team opened a whole new world for me. The answer is YES! I wanted to do more!!




Discussing one of your current projects, how did you find out about The Chemist?

Carman Cabana the DP for The Chemist sent me the script and thought I'd be a perfect Trinidad. I read it and instantly fell in love with her. Again 
she's a bit of a stretch for me. She's one bloodthirsty, crazy broad, but I wanted to play her, BAD!! I auditioned and I walked in knowing that this part 
was mine I just needed to show them!

What did you do to prepare for your character Trinidad?

I read Trinidad's bio and found all the similar things that we have in common. Trinidad is a lot braver than me. She doesn't think, she just goes with 
her gut and truly doesn't care what anyone else thinks! She has an appetite like a vampire and she likes to conquer. After awhile of living in her skin I 
had hard time telling who was Nina and who was Trinidad. I've never worked on a character with a sex-drive like hers!! Watch out she might just jump 
on you if she's in that mood, if you know what I mean? ;) I didn't want the movie to end!  I loved being Trinidad!




Now that we have established your character, discuss your action scenes in The Chemist.

Well I was a little nervous about them to be honest! I had time when I prepared for Wonder Woman and we didn't have much time to prepare for The 
Chemist. Ultimately I had to make a decision to trust Art to let me know if I looked like an idiot or if it actually worked. I just went for it and I have a 
feeling that it's gonna turn out great!

The challenge for me was taking the fight choreography and making it "Trinidad's".  How would Trinidad punch? What's her weapon?  I didn't see her 
as a gun person, I saw her as a knife girl. She's one of those characters who ALWAYS carries her knife around. The amazing thing with Art Camacho is 
that he's one of those directors that listens to his actors and incorporates our suggestions. The one who deserves the true credits is Mario Rocha the stunt coordinator! I rehearsed with him my co-star Stephanie Gerard for hours! He was tireless and extremely patient! He deserves a gold star! It was Stephanie's first action movie but she did great! And of course there was Fabiano Iha who also helped out with some cool moves! Being surrounded with great stunt guys was a treat! 




Chat about hobbies about outside of acting and singing?

Haha that's a funny question my hobbies are what I do for a living ;) I like to box for fun! I love hiking and anything that puts me in touch with mother-nature. I'm a big animal rights activist. I spend a lot of time fighting for factory farm animals for a better life. I work with “No Kill” shelters. I feel very responsible for animals welfare and that's what I spend most of my time on whenever I'm free. 

What actors and actresses do you enjoy watching and also would like to work with?

I like working with theatre actors. I like their process when they work. They're my favorite type of actors.

Wrapping up the interview discuss the projects you have on the horizon?  Do you want to focus more on acting in the future? 

I'm currently working on a new movie called "Late Night Cravings" playing a lonely, tipsy girlfriend, who's in a long distant relationship that's tearing 
her apart. And of course my music! I'm planning on releasing something this year! Also I know it won't be the last time that Art and I are working together :) 

Thanks Nina for conducting the interview. For my valued readers, keep checking back for more exclusives from Nina and 'The Chemist' in the near future. For more information, and to connect with Nina, check her out on these official websites.

http://www.ninabergman.com                        Official
http://www.n-i-n-a.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninabergmanmusic  Facebook
http://twitter.com/ninabergman                     Twitter
http://instagram.com/ninabergman                 Instagram

http://www.reverbnation.com/ninabergman      Reverbnation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments related to post, ads or flaming will be deleted.